www.3500HD.com
  • December 14, 2017, 09:48:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!
Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!
You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!
When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW etc
 We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com
WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION  & TRYING OUT A FEW DIFFERENT LOOKS - December 2017!!!!!!!

Author Topic: Slip on seat cover  (Read 1828 times)

Growcorn

• Single Axle Driver
Slip on seat cover
« on: February 04, 2015, 09:00:13 PM »

I'm looking for a slip on seat cover for my 2001 3500hd with the bench seat.    I would like something durable and affordable.    Maybe saddle blanket type.  What do you recommend?

GM Guy

• 3500HD Driver
  • manual transmission 2wd enthusiast
Re: Slip on seat cover
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 02:22:00 AM »

Sadly durable and affordable dont really go hand in hand here, but the old saddle blanket/ indian blanket types will somewhat affordable.

The last one that I saw that looked worth a crap was around 70-100 bucks.

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:26:55 AM »

They have some covers on eBay...but one option might be checking out a salvage yard? Might just locate a nice complete seat for less than the cost of a cover?

repacs0103

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 05:55:06 PM »

I've bought numerous cheap saddle blanket covers and none of them last and are ill fitting right out of the box.  I wised up this year and bought a vinyl cover from NW seat covers.  It was $136 shipped with a holiday discount code and is incredible.  It fits great, holds up to harsh daily use and looks like an oem seat again.
Rob
95 C3500HD Plow Rig 6BT/Fuller 6M

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »

I have a Juki LU 563 walking foot upholstery sewing machine and just need to learn how to make my own covers.

Organic Log Farmer

• Single Axle Driver
  • "You're making me VERY angry..."
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 01:49:26 PM »

I have spent considerable time researching a direction to take with my seat, I think I even found a Detroit area counterpart to the Fast and Loud Dragonlady at a local upholstery shop (she's NOT getting my ***monkey business).  Nothing I find in re-purposed sets or aftermarket seats tickles my fancy, especially when a $1000 seat ends up being nearly $1500 with add ons and delivery.  In my mind nothing beats the razor thin seat back of the OEM '95+ bench seat for legroom that's also got the molded back for driver, passenger, and even the jump seat for the long haul comfort.  I also like the bench so my girls (wife & dog) can sit next to me.  The saddle blanket cover over the OEM seat didn't fare much better than the original cloth.  So, for my purposes I'm down to a reputable local car seat upholstery shop that offer's new foam for the seat and recovering in cloth or vinyl for $300-$400.  My parts truck takeout is wrapped in poly in my dump bed for delivery tomorrow, I should have feedback in a couple of weeks.
Born a Boomer.
Still Experiencing Childhood, Perhaps Entering Adolescence.
Still Learning...
Chronologically An Adult, The Jury Is
Still Out...