THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Hello Newbie from AZ ZuksOffRoad in Camp Verde  (Read 1826 times)

zorproducts

• Single Axle Driver
Hello Newbie from AZ ZuksOffRoad in Camp Verde
« on: March 18, 2015, 02:01:52 AM »
Howdy all not new to forums but definately new to Chevy Dually. I just jumped on a 98 3500 with the 6.5 diesel. I am owned by a 4x4 shop in AZ known for Suzuki Samurai aftermarket parts but we handle everything. I always wanted a dually and on a reccommendation from a friend that was familiar with the 6.5, I took the plunge. I haul a  4x4 rig around and for the rest of this trucks life (217,000) it won't work as hard as it has. I am still trying to confirm HD status even with the 14 bolt rear end I am not convinced it is a HD.

I am hoping to be steered the right direction to where is a good vendor to support that is knowledgeable and helpful. Or do you guys just buy everything wherever you can? I have the peeling white paint problem and need to replace passenger side fiberglass rear fender. Looking for suggestions, tricks general heads up on things like stiff shifting cable fix, etc. Hope to hear from some of you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:15:01 AM by zorproducts »

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: Hello Newbie from AZ ZuksOffRoad in Camp Verde
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum..I'm sure the guys will jump in. Your truck is a 3500 dually but not a 3500HD. The "obvious difference" is the 3500HD has 10 bolt wheels with 19.5 tires..you'll notice the filler panel below the grill on the 3500HD also.

BTW: Feel free to advertise any of your products..not a lot of rules here.

Ed

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 11:00:41 AM »
Welcome,

To clarify on what Ed's saying, a regular 3500 model could be called "heavy duty" as a general term.  All of the 3500's came with heavy duty components to support the work they were intended to do.  They typically have an 11,000lb GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating), tow capacity rating varies depending on equipment (engine, transmission, rear gear options.)

On the other hand, the "3500HD" is a specific model of truck that took the idea of a relatively low entry height cab and combined it with elements of medium duty trucks (think Topkick/Kodiak, the bigger class of trucks with the full fiberglass flip front end) to provide a heavier load capacity vehicle without stepping all the way up into larger trucks.  The 3500HD has a 15,000lb. GVWR accomplished through a totally different frame, front and rear suspension, brakes, rear axle, and several other equipment differences vs. a regular 3500.

So while your truck could be called heavy duty, avoid confusing it with the actual 3500HD model as many parts are not the same and would cause you some headaches at the parts counter.

Regardless, you and your 3500 are just as welcome here, and the trucks are similar enough in many ways that a lot of the same questions/answers will apply.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

zorproducts

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:56:19 AM »
Thank you for the replies.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
3500HD King Pin Replacement
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM