THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: im broke down, but my HD isn't lol  (Read 1851 times)

ONE EYE

• Single Axle Driver
im broke down, but my HD isn't lol
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:48:54 PM »
hi, I am new here. I found this site while googling something for my truck while im recovering in the hospital. so I signed up and am here wishing I was not. lol
I don't know how to describe myself, it feels like I'm bragging. hahahaa if I do too much of that I wont get out of this room cause I might get a swelled head.
I got in a car accident in 1996 and that's where the ONE EYE nickname is from. I lost vision in my left eye in the accident. I was a passenger in a 1979 Malibu and going up a hill the car hit a sun shower and spun out. hitting the rockcut next to the road (left front, then left rear, car did a complete 360 coming to rest in the middle of the road facing the same way we were headed) my face was ripped off, I lost vision in left eye, a broken back in 8 spots (still broken today, they call it a fibrous union. the bone healed like hair instead of proper bone again) so I rehabilitated myself in my garage. I went a little far and most people don't know my backs broken till I tell them cause I can do so much with it. lol
that's not the most ironic part of this story. like I said, I found this side while in the hospital. I am here exactly 18 years after the car accident (that I was 18 years old when that happened) and was diagnosed with nero-sarcoydosis. don't ask me what that is (still trying to figure that out) but apparently it attacks stuff in your body and makes them swell up. (not the penis, too bad for me lol) so right now after the brain surgery and all the other crap. I have been in here for 8 months and just working at walking again so I can get out of here and live again. but I do have the coolest truck, its a 2000 3500HD 21' tilt and load 6.5TD 5 speed with wheel lift. have had it a few years, but when I get out of here I have a few plans for it. cowl hood, HID headlight conversion, smoothed bumper, 24.5" or cut down 24" alcoas, and a paint job, and (if I can ever find one, an aluminum bed to replace the newly rebuilt steel one cause its lighter and looks nicer lol)
I am also way into cars. if I wasn't sick, I would be living the dream. lol when I got sick my daily driver was a 1972 chevelle with a 396cu in in it. (better on gas than my 91 305 caprice too) but it wasn't done either, and its very hard to build a car from the hospital bed. let alone a HD truck too. lol
but heres I WILL POST PICS LATER, CAUSE THIS FREE WIFI FROM THE HOSPITAL SUCKS LOL sorry about the caps lock lol check out my face book. search mike stratuik, or just type in ONExEYE

my float 2000 3500HD anyone wanna trade beds? I want an aluminum one. lol

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: im broke down, but my HD isn't lol
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:44:29 AM »
Hey Mike..welcome to the site...the hospital must love all those auto parts on the food tray!

Ed

ONE EYE

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
those are actually 3 barrel holleys, the supercharger in the window is more impressive. they don't mind, as long as id doesn't smell like gas or oil, and it doesn't get in the nurses/doctors way. in fact, they actually get a kick out of the fact I have car parts in here and like to talk about it. but they said as long as its good for me healing, they have no problem with it.

heres a pic of my supercharger in the hospital

heres a pic of my truck my friend took this morning

ONE EYE

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
im a mechanic and rehabilitated myself after the accident with cars. so to get thru this I have been trying to upgrade/finish my daily summer driver off, and also modify the float so its more unique. the chevelle is a 396/th350 with a a bit of makeup here and there, and gets better gas mileage than my 91 305 tbi caprice. also rides better with the KONI double adjustable shocks. all I need to do is upgrade the brakes and throw in a posi and gear and that supercharger and it will be SOOO much fun. lolhttp://just curious what this was. pay no attention......lol
that's what the 3 barrel holleys are for, I am gonna modify one to be a blow through. unfortunately, they are obsolete and so hard to get parts for. its either keep buying parts carbs, or my buddy is a machinist so im going to get him to 'copy' it by hopfully converting a preform base and main body. then I will have a current 3 barrel with top of the line options and access to parts. sorry for blabbing about my cars. cant stop. sad part is, I got so much crap, and no money to do anything with it. and I cant bring myself to sell anything to get money to do the other stuff, its quite pathetic hahaahaah

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »
Gives me an idea of how my current 135.5" wheelbase project will look like as far as color.  Dropped a 2500 cab on the 3500HD chassis after painting the frame. Should have it done by mid Summer.

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
Welcome to the site Mike :)

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM