www.3500HD.com
  • December 14, 2017, 09:48:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!
Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!
You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!
When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW etc
 We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com
WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION  & TRYING OUT A FEW DIFFERENT LOOKS - December 2017!!!!!!!

Author Topic: Which fuel tank to top up?  (Read 1349 times)

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Which fuel tank to top up?
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »

Just picked up a 2002 Silverado 3500 6.0 2WD 4L80E 157.5" WB CAB/CHASSIS.

The low fuel light is on and the truck has two tanks, which one do I add fuel to, side tank or rear frame rail tank?  The fuel gauge is burried - I suspect that when they removed the utility bed and unplugged the 7 pin tail-light connector the ground was opened?

Will be using the driveline for another project next year.

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: Which fuel tank to top up?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:57:17 PM »

OK...the saddle tank was the correct one...................

GM Guy

• 3500HD Driver
  • manual transmission 2wd enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 03:53:59 AM »

I am sure GMT800 is the same, I know on GMT400, they say to fill the front first, then the back.

With the ground open, does it pump all the time, or not at all?

For some reason this thread got me to thinking about a pickup I should have bought on ebay, IIRC over 5 years ago, it was a 04 GMC Reg. cab 11 foot chassis, 8.1L ZF6 2wd. only brought mid 3K range. definitely wont find that powertrain combo for a long time. :)

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:10:00 AM »

I am sure GMT800 is the same, I know on GMT400, they say to fill the front first, then the back.

With the ground open, does it pump all the time, or not at all?

For some reason this thread got me to thinking about a pickup I should have bought on ebay, IIRC over 5 years ago, it was a 04 GMC Reg. cab 11 foot chassis, 8.1L ZF6 2wd. only brought mid 3K range. definitely wont find that powertrain combo for a long time. :)

FYI: I started the truck and unplugged the front tank while it was running...it shut down so I knew the front tank was the primary. Put in 4 gallons of gas, hit a few bumps and the fuel gauge started working.

Had a chance to buy a 8.1 but performance parts are more common for the 5.3 and 6.0 engines (I'm told).