www.3500HD.com
  • December 14, 2017, 09:48:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!
Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!
You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!
When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW etc
 We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com
WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION  & TRYING OUT A FEW DIFFERENT LOOKS - December 2017!!!!!!!

Author Topic: 2015 GMC SIERRA CAB  (Read 961 times)

Rey

• Single Axle Driver
2015 GMC SIERRA CAB
« on: November 05, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »

Ok, I know this will probably get me kicked out the forum, but.... has anyone know, or considered, if the cab of a 2015 GMC Sierra would be a direct bolt on to the 2000 3500HD ??   Only reason I ask is because, I was on my way back home, from my friends house, and saw a rear-ended 2015 GMC Sierra at a house with ( PARTS FOR SALE ) on the windshield.  So I thought... why not have a modern body, more luxurious interior, and still have the HD chassis and the diesel engine in it ?

Just a thought ....... Any input ??

PLEASE DONT DELETE ME !!!   lol

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: 2015 GMC SIERRA CAB
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 07:29:26 PM »

2015 is a lot newer than anything I own..so I wouldn't have a clue...doubt that it is bolt on but maybe close?  Not sure where you are located but here in NY consideration of plug in for inspection etc  So you might need a complete driveline/wiring swap.

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Re: 2015 GMC SIERRA CAB
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:17:54 AM »

I think the biggest problem you would face is that practically everything electrical in that cab is controlled by some kind of computer or module or .... blah blah.  I mean the gauge cluster, A/C, power windows, wipers, lights, etc. so that bringing the two together would be a nightmare.

Making any of the gauges work with your existing engine is very likely a no-go.  Hoping the other electronics will work as a standalone system so you could operate all the in-cab goodies, also likely a no-go.

They really are complicated bastards...I would think your best bet at combining the two to have a "best of both worlds" would be planting an HD chassis underneath a newer body and retain the newer engine/trans/electronics complete, also a huge job, and would still have its pitfalls in terms of how much control/input the newer electronics want to handle the brakes, steering, etc.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8