THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Florida Chevy Guy  (Read 422 times)

MrC.

• Single Axle Driver
Florida Chevy Guy
« on: September 23, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
Hello,
Here's my intro.
I have several Chevy/Gmc's, I have tried other brands but always come back to GM.
I recently purchased my first HD, I have really enjoyed learning about the HD line vs the regular 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks, I have owned several of those over the years. Tbi engines aren't known for power but reliability is what I was after when I bought this 93 3500HD.
I bought it with plans to make it a short flat bed and pull my new to me tractor, I need it short for the type of work I do. This will be a dedicated tow rig.

Q. I can not see most of the pictures on the site, not the ones that have had links removed but there are a lot that have a red x or a paper clip icon next to the image name, I click on it and it downloads and tries to open in windows pic viewer, but then it says it cant view it. should the pic open automatically when you view the thread? My thread loads automatically but most do not. Is there a setting I need to change on my browser?

Thanks
MrC.

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Re: Florida Chevy Guy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:28:34 AM »
Welcome MrC,

The image link issue is one leftover from a recent site migration, it's something the admin is working to fix.

Is that your '53?  Looks really nice!  I had a '54 set up very similar, dragging the ground, also had shaved handles, trim, and extra grille teeth.  Years and years ago...miss that car.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:51 AM »
MrC

Welcome..we are working on the photo attachment issue - having the same problem on our other forum:  www.RustyBowtie.com   We are still working on it...keep in mind that if the pictures were hosted by "photobucket" you may never see them since photobucket now charges a fee to use their site and shut down hosting for previous images.

MrC.

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »
About the pictures, I understand the Photobucket thing, I just wasn't sure about the other "posted" pictures.

As for the 53, Yes it mine. 472 caddy motor, turbo 400 trans she's quick, mustang II front clip and s-10 rear axle. disc brakes from a Granada.
power rack and pinion steering, power brakes. I need to finish the interior. She is a good driver now so may be this winter I will get back on it.

Thanks
MrC.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM