www.3500HD.com
  • December 14, 2017, 09:49:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!
Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!
You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!
When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW etc
 We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com
WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION  & TRYING OUT A FEW DIFFERENT LOOKS - December 2017!!!!!!!

Author Topic: 1996 3500HD crew cab diesel  (Read 126 times)

dm310

• Single Axle Driver
1996 3500HD crew cab diesel
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »

Took me a while to find this truck. Had big plans for it but due to time and money its just been sitting. Its a 96 6.5 diesel with auto trans. Has 125k miles. Hard to find crew cab. Has a Heath Diesel PMD Isolator and Lift pump. Adjustable wastegate control. Perfect platform for a solid build. $7000 Located in Santa Clarita CA

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Re: 1996 3500HD crew cab diesel
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »

Love this truck.  It could almost make me get over my thing about the 6.5td.  Main thing is I have no use for it and no idea what I would do with it!  It'd be silly for me to do a pickup bed conversion and just drive it around town, but it's tempting. ;)

I'm gonna guess base model interior like most?  Or did you luck out and find one with pw/pl?  Super rare but they're out there.  Any interior pics?

Any more details on the truck, does it need any work?  At 125K miles I wouldn't expect it needs much if anything.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

dm310

• Single Axle Driver
Re: 1996 3500HD crew cab diesel
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »

As for the interior it is base. I am redoing the headliner right now. I did strip the interior to clean everything as there was a layer of silt everywhere. (Truck came from Phoenix) The AC does need a charge but thats really it. I bought it with the goal of throwing in a Cummins and converting it to 4x4. But due to time and money its just not in the cards right now.