THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the ďbeefĒ of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Where to buy muffler and exhaust pipes  (Read 271 times)

Andrew

• Single Axle Driver
Where to buy muffler and exhaust pipes
« on: December 08, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »
My 99 HD (454) needs a new muffler and I need the pipe that runs from the cat to the muffler (160" wheel base).

I called NAPA and the dude told me there's no listing for the muffler.

I went online to NAPA's website, and they list a muffler, but the picture shows a different muffler.

Does anyone know where I can get the muffler and the pipe from? Also, might anyone have part numbers?

I found Walker's muffler, part number 21400. Picture appears to be correct. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:09:52 PM by Andrew »

RPF207

• 3500HD Driver
Re: Where to buy muffler and exhaust pipes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:33:27 AM »
Where do you live? I have a rear exhaust assembly that Iím not using but itís from a diesel. Not sure if itís the same
1999 chevy HD 4x4 135.5" 6.5 nv4500 bw4470 Dana 70 HP 10 lug front

Due to recent budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:50:43 PM »
I have a couple of tailpipes and believe one is from a diesel and one from gas...suspect that the tail pipes are the same for gas/diesel and even various wheel bases.

Andrew

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:38:40 PM »
Thanks Guys, we ended up using a Walker Muffler speced for a pick up with a 454. No one had a listing for the HD

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM