THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: 93 GMC Front rotor removal  (Read 95 times)

78ALLDAY

• Single Axle Driver
93 GMC Front rotor removal
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »
I'm new to the 3500HD world. I have a 93 GMC HD car hauler. 454 with a TH400. Originally a Diesel with a 4L80. I need to do my front brakes and not sure how the rotors come off. I can't seem to find much info on the web.

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: 93 GMC Front rotor removal
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
Let me go out and look at my truck .....I put new rotors up front and back and don't remember anything complicated about it.  I need to refresh my brain. ;)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:25:07 PM by ED-NY »

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
The only thing I see different was that you have to remove the bearing dust cover by putting a screw driver through the "side"  hole in the hub to pop off the bearing dust cover.  Then remove bearing, pull complete hub and remove rotor bolts.

Monitor the lock nut position if you aren't sure about how tight to make them during re-install.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:37:10 PM by ED-NY »

remingtongoose77

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »
I'm in the same boat, but I am in reassembly.

To get front rotors off try this:

- pull off caliper.
- pull wheel, rotate the hub until you find a hole in the side of the hub about 3/8" or so in size.
- stick flat head screwdriver in hole and line up blade with edge of duct cover cap.
- tap end of screwdriver a touch and cap will loosen up and come off.
- remove cotter pin that mechanically prevents nut from coming off.
- remove spindle nut.
- remove hub and rotor assemble, watch your back its a heavy bugger.
- set assembly on bench wheel studs down.
- unbolt rotor from hub, you'll need an air impact. I can't remember the exact torque but its up there.

I hope this was helpful, you asked how to pull front rotors and this is literally how you do it. if you want more specifics please ask, everyone here is very helpful.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB

DIESEL PLACE

VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM