THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: '94 GMC Monroe 4X4 6.5TD -to- '01 8.1/Allison  (Read 373 times)

Organic Log Farmer

• Single Axle Driver
  • "You're making me VERY angry..."
'94 GMC Monroe 4X4 6.5TD -to- '01 8.1/Allison
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:15:40 AM »
So, I grabbed that Nebraska find in spite of the fact it's a rattletrap.  I rolled into Michigan after 2000 miles in 4 days, rested 1 day, and then drove another 500 miles for my donor truck - an '01 Silverado Ex-Cab 2WD 8.1/Allison, a California truck with 130,000 miles.  With a clean donor cab & doors, bed, cap, wheels & tires at what I paid I see a free engine and transmission but that's the only place I expect to be ahead in this build.  Avery's posts inspired me to go this direction, and I'm damn tired of 6.5TD's.

Don't look for any sudden progress, we just bought a foreclosure with a knock down garage and no barn so I'm without a shop temporarily.  A steel building arrives soon, our summer is going to be filled with construction projects.

I want to have my build on the road for the start of the 2019 Summer Season...

Born a Boomer.
Still Experiencing Childhood, Perhaps Entering Adolescence.
Still Learning...
Chronologically An Adult, The Jury Is
Still Out...

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: '94 GMC Monroe 4X4 6.5TD -to- '01 8.1/Allison
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
That's some driving!  Reminds me of the good ole days when I could drive straight through from NY to Texas..I'm good for about 25 miles now :-\

Good luck building the shop!

dm310

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
Nice, Congrats. Since you have a 4x4 converted truck and pretty much all older pics on this site do not show up anymore, can you take some detailed pics of the front axle and transfer case set up on your truck? Looking forward to the build on this one.

Organic Log Farmer

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
Here's the money shot I drove 900 miles to see.  I can post images as I get into this.  I'm hoping I can spare the garage trusses and put up a 24' x 24' canopy in the woods where I'll house the 3500HD temporarily, and have a place to escape the construction.
Born a Boomer.
Still Learning...
Still Out...

Organic Log Farmer

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 11:12:24 AM »
Still gathering parts, I hope I can gather up this bumper yet this week.  ::)
Born a Boomer.
Still Learning...
Still Out...

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM