THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Custom chip burned  (Read 1937 times)

MrC.

• One Ton Driver
Custom chip burned
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »
Hey, does anyone here burn chips for the TBI ODB1 engines?
I would rather not buy a hypertech or jet unless that was a better option.

My 454 gas is stock with a turbo 400 with overdrive. I am looking to override the B.S. sensors and maximize the HP and Torque, from what is already there. I have just replaced and upgraded the whole ignition system chasing a bug, turned out to be the coil pickup under the button/rotor. It is running better than ever, but now it throws a knock sensor code.

so if anyone makes these let me know,
thanks
MrC.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:11:50 PM by MrC. »

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: Custom chip burned
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:57:34 AM »
Which ecm is the truck using, does it have a removable prom or is it soldered in? For example the 1227747 ecm has soldered in proms that can be un-soldered and replaced with a ZIF socket.  Then you can flash an eprom and insert it in the zif socket.

Been a while but I have converted 747 ecm's in the past with zif sockets and can burn the eprom...but need to know how you want it burned.  Suggest that you join this forum and seek their guidance as how to alter (tune) the bin.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php

In the meantime can you look at the ecm and give me the Service Number and the four letter bin Code?

You need get the knock sensor figured out, make sure you have a 454 specific knock sensor.

MrC.

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:48:20 PM »
Thank Ed.
I sent you an email a few weeks ago.

I will get you that serial number, I am just looking to maximize what is there, nothing really special.

I had a bad pickup coil, I chased that problem for 2 weeks and a few hundred dollars, but its figured out now. I new the knock sensor was not hooked up, when I bought it, it ran good, so I didnt fix it, I found out that the SES lights was blown, i fixed that, now I find out it has been trowing a code for the knock, I have ordered one and a pig tail for it, should be here tomorrow.
I have the high pressure fuel pump and sock, I am installing this weekend. I also found the sway bar links for 3$ discontinued on rock auto I needed the bushings. I have shocks,bushings, links ordered as well.

I live an hour from the area hit by Hurricane Michael, I have a load of supplies and my tractor heading out next week, just trying to iron out a few bugs before I go.

MrC.

MrC.

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 11:02:28 AM »
Hi Ed.
I took a few pics of the computer, I hope this answers your question.
if not let me know and I will dig deeper.

I changed my knock sensor, rest the computer and so far no codes, no SES lights. she is running so good now.

MrC.

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »
That's a 777427 ECM (1227747) and the Prom bin is:  BJKZ ( 94 C-P-Truck-7.4TBI-4L80).

Have a copy of the bin just need the correct xdf file to open and alter it, but can get the xdf via the GearHead forum.

You can re-solder the ecm or just buy one of these adapters:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-MEM-CAL-ECM-OBD1-PROM-Adapter-w-Low-Profile-Zero-Insertion-Force-ZIF-socket/112553592450?hash=item1a34b78682:g:KFgAAOSw6EhUTbiC:rk:6:pf:0

or via Moates:

http://www.moates.net/g1-memory-adapter-tpi-etc-p-32.html?cPath=64

I like the adapter because you just plug it in without altering the ecm...the dust cover "might not fit" I'll look into that situation.  Do you want to ask the tuners on the GearHead forum what can be changed for performance?  I can disable stuff like EGR, vats, adjust idle etc but need suggestions for which values can be changed to help performance.

Have extra eproms and can give you one when you are ready.

Ed
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:25:12 AM by ED-NY »

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM