THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: No clutch pedal 3500hd  (Read 2915 times)

92sierra

• Single Axle Driver
  • My soon to be dump truck
No clutch pedal 3500hd
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:40:38 PM »
Hey guys, lost the clutch pedal in my flatbed the other day.. found a leak in the master cyl res. Replaced master.. still no pedal, then replaced slve cylinder & bleed out system really good.. NO PEDAL. Lines are fine. Any ideas???
 ??? ???
Thanks! Robbie

barn

• Single Axle Driver
Re: No clutch pedal 3500hd
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:56:47 PM »
It may be worth back bleeding the system, pumping fluid through the bleed screw up to the reservoir.
I have an oil can that I use for doing this with a flexi rubber pipe on the end.

Raymo

• Global Moderator
  • 3500HD Driver
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »
It may be worth back bleeding the system, pumping fluid through the bleed screw up to the reservoir.
I have an oil can that I use for doing this with a flexi rubber pipe on the end.

Another way to do this, is to undo the slave cylinder from the bellhousing, fill the master half way, and SLOWLY push the slave rod in and out to force air back up through the master. I usually have someone watch the fluid level, as it doesn't take much to send fluid blasting out the top  ;D

This method is how I get around Chrysler telling me it's a sealed unit and "unserviceable"  ::)

Another thing, if back bleeding doesn't do it, try comparing the length of the pushrods of the new and old. I've had, on more than one occasion, been given the correct slave, but not rod.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:24:05 AM by Raymo »
'94 3500-HD, Cummins, Getrag, NP205. Shortend rear frame with a Pickup Bed. Dana 60 front, stock 80 rear.

'03 2500-HD 8.1 and Allison

92sierra

• Single Axle Driver
  • My soon to be dump truck
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I actually did bleed it through the master from the slave. However I must admit that we were very tired & lazy when we changed the master.. we didn't change the rod! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may be the issue. Thanks for helping me realize my stupidity ;D

Raymo

• Global Moderator
  • 3500HD Driver
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
So is she operational?
'94 3500-HD, Cummins, Getrag, NP205. Shortend rear frame with a Pickup Bed. Dana 60 front, stock 80 rear.

'03 2500-HD 8.1 and Allison

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM