THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: FS: 1997 3500hd swb dump 7.4 5spd 62k  (Read 1740 times)

Djchunter

• Single Axle Driver
FS: 1997 3500hd swb dump 7.4 5spd 62k
« on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »
Up for sale is my 1997 3500hd dump short wheel base.  The truck is a 7.4 5spd truck with 62k on it.  It is PTO over hydraulic with a Heil bed.  I am just looking to get my loan payoff (or take over payments) out of the truck which is around $5500.  The truck runs and drives and is fully operational although it does need minor work.  The truck is located in cleveland ohio.  I have pics on my phone I could text to someone if interested.  As long as the weather stays nice I will start fixing some of the small issues (speedo stopped working, CHK engine light is on for an o2 sensor, and correct the fuel gauge reading incorrectly due the the rear tank not being hooked up, the gauge reads half of whats in the front tank(its there but has never had a sending unit since I have had it))  The only other issue with the truck is the previous owner installed an air operated PTO engagement.  This works perfectly fine but I have been using it with an air tank sitting on the pass floor.  I have most of all the parts to put the cable operation unit back on with the exception of the only piece it is missing is the bracket that holds the cable in place on the side of the PTO cover.  The truck is red with a gray interior.  If you have any questions please feel free to call at 440-342-2412 but please after 5pm est.  You can text anytime, or my email is djchunter@ymail.com .  Thanks
Dave

EDIT: truck has had all new steel and rubber brake lines replaced in the fall with 4 new loaded calipers and rotors, new PS pump, all belts and hoses, tune up, all fluids changed and flushed, rear tires are 60% re-treads, steers are brand new Michelin's, rear half of the chassis and underside of the bed has been por15 painted, the bed is really nice and not all beat up and has never had any patches.  I know theres lots of other stuff I am forgetting but just realized I focused on all the negative things about the truck and none of the good.  Hahaha, thanks feel free to ask any questions
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:11:42 PM by Djchunter »

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM