THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: My non truck project(s)  (Read 2574 times)

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
My non truck project(s)
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:18:50 PM »
Besides the 3500HD project, I also have a 33 Chevy 5 window coupe that I am working one "very slowly". My 82 Vette is done and driven occasionally.

My biggest project is trying to restore this 1820's farm in upstate NY. We are about 800 yards from Canada and 2 miles from Vermont.  Looking out my kitchen window..I can see Quebec, Canada, look out my front window..I see Vermont.

Ed

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Re: My non truck project(s)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:31:07 PM »
Hey!  The 5-window is cool!  And it's the right brand! :D

The '82 is nice as well; lots of Vette guys overlook the last of the C3's but I think they're some of the best looking ones.  I had an '80 and a '69 in the past.  The '69 was easily my favorite out of the two, for many reasons, but the '80 looked great with the chin and deck spoilers.

Thanks for the pics.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

ltlvt

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »
That 82 is really sweet. In my opinion all Corvettes should be Red. My 98 is Torch Red with black rag top. U can park a red Vette next to any other color and the croud will congest around the red one. (not that I like people getting too close to mine) i about have a nervous breakdown worrying about belt buckles and buttons on jeans etc... Sweet looking street rod also.
Runs like a scalded dog

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »
Thanks ltlvt

The Vette actually looks a lot better in person, red paint, red leather interior, black chrome T-Tops, real spoke wheels, 45,000 miles.  You are correct about the red..it is like a magnet for eyes.

As far as the 33 Chevy, that's an old picture..I made a little more progress. Since I retired in 2006 and moved back up here, I left behind a nice shop, now I have a bunch of old farm buildings. Not complaining, have a 60 acre back yard with deer and a brand new New Holland 4X4 tractor. Everything is in barn storage and been concentrating on the house. New roof, new windows, new electric/plumbing and finally siding. Been trying to get the 1820's farmhouse looking square!

I should be starting on my shop within a couple weeks, taking one old building down and essentially plan on putting it back up inside my main barn. Worst part is removing 25 years old hay from the barn floors and buildings.  Best time to work with hay and hornet nests is Winter!

ltlvt

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:25:57 PM »
I can relate. I live on 8 acres myself and the hornets and rattlesnakes are pretty bad here when it warms up. In october my dog got bit by a rattle snake but God bless she lived over it.

I have 2 shops. One that was built when i bought the place 23 years ago and another that i built myself. I spent an entire month last spring helping my son build him a new shop . His is a 60'x60' with 16' walls. (and it  is insulated) Man I was sure puckered up putting those 30' sheets of sheetmetal on the roof of that thing (and rolling 60' sheets of insulation) that had about a 24' peak. In my younger days i worked as high as 300' every day but now that i've gotten old about 2' off the ground is enuff for me... lol ;D
Runs like a scalded dog

merlin5577

• Global Moderator
  • Dually Driver
    • Great site for all trucks!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »
Jeeze Ed, you have a ton of beautiful toys! Very cool!
-Robert.
My Trucks;
2003 Chevrolet Silverado K2500HD 4X4 6.6L w/Allison 1000
1997 GMC Suburban K1500 4X4 5.7L w/4L60-E
"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM