THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: How do feel about non members viewing your profile?  (Read 3253 times)

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
How do feel about non members viewing your profile?
« on: January 08, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »
Just turned the feature "off" but how do you feel about the subject.

I can allow or not allow "guests" to view forum members profiles..just need a couple of opinions.

FYI: Our forum is beginning to receive spammer applications (ie gmail.com) ie from Russia, China etc (that are deleted). Also, as the forum grows might need some moderators for specific categories, if anyone is interested send me a PM.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:26:02 AM by ED-NY »

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Re: How do feel about non members viewing your profile?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 11:36:11 PM »
I say viewing of profiles is probably best left to people that are members.  I can't imagine what legitimate purpose would be served by letting non-members view 'em.  I could be wrong but that's my thoughts on it at present.  Thanks for considering this issue as nobody likes spam!  (except spammers, and I hope they choke on it some day...soon!)

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »
Richard

I agree with you, I just noticed that on some other forums they allow it. I'll leave it as is, ie be a member to view a profile.

thanks.

merlin5577

• Global Moderator
  • Dually Driver
    • Great site for all trucks!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:46:07 PM »
I agree with Richard. No good can come from non members viewing profiles. I say no.
-Robert.
My Trucks;
2003 Chevrolet Silverado K2500HD 4X4 6.6L w/Allison 1000
1997 GMC Suburban K1500 4X4 5.7L w/4L60-E
"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

KargoMaster

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
x3 with everyone else... 

BTW, there are very few times that I actually laugh out loud, but this one got me:

(except spammers, and I hope they choke on it some day...soon!)

I hate to say it, but the spammer apps will do nothing but increase...  Thanks for your vigilence Ed (does it remind you of the BP?? :D)
brad

Tow Vehicle: 1995 C3500HD CrewCab TBI-454 | 4L80e | 37spl Dana80 | 8' Flatbed | (SAS candidate)
Toy Vehicle: 1979 CJ-7 5.0L | NP435 | NP203 | Dana300 | Dana60/14BFF

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM