THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Lots of miscellaneous 88-98 body style (GMT400) parts for sale  (Read 15773 times)

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Lots of miscellaneous 88-98 body style (GMT400) parts for sale
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:14:53 PM »
Some of you may already know I'm a used parts dealer in Houston TX - the name of my shop is Bowtie Breakers, and I specialize in parts strictly for the GMT400 trucks - Chevy and GMC 88-98 body style fullsize.

I don't have many 3500HD parts at all right now; I used half of them building my shop truck! :D and the other half went to another forum member in part of a trade for lots of great work he did on the wrecker unit install for my shop truck.

However, I do have lots of the common parts that cross over, and parts for 3500's, 2500's, 1500's.  I prefer to do most of my business locally but I do know some people live where there just aren't any boneyards, or any that have these trucks available.

If there's something you're looking for please send me a private message with all details of the parts you're looking for and what model truck they are for, and where you're located so we can get some type of idea of the feasibility of shipping to you.

Thanks!
Richard
www.bowtiebreakers.com
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

merlin5577

• Global Moderator
  • Dually Driver
    • Great site for all trucks!
Re: Lots of miscellaneous 88-98 body style (GMT400) parts for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »
Thats a really cool site Richard. Going to add it to my favorites for future reference.
-Robert.
My Trucks;
2003 Chevrolet Silverado K2500HD 4X4 6.6L w/Allison 1000
1997 GMC Suburban K1500 4X4 5.7L w/4L60-E
"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

ltlvt

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »
Richard do you ship parts outside of  Houston? Also do you take credit cards? I've been wanting to get set up to take credit cards for my wrecker business. Not sure what company to use.
Runs like a scalded dog

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »
Hey Terry I try not to ship too much as I'm just one guy and packing stuff up for shipping, then going to the P.O. (nowhere here at my shop I can leave packages for them to pickup) takes a lot of time out of the day.  For the most part these items can be found locally but I'm willing to make an honest attempt for folks that aren't having any luck at their local sources.

Just today I sent out an ECM to that guy on Chevytalk that is having so much trouble diagnosing his but those are easy to pack up and drop off; I do the "click and ship" thing on the post office website and I was going by the parts house anyway so I dropped the package off at a pickup point nearby.  The actual local post office is an incredible joke with a line out the door on any given day and no self-service kiosk.

I don't do credit cards, seems to me like too much hassle and risk, especially with customers that want to dispute charges fraudulently so they can swipe the money back.  I do accept Paypal but I never keep a balance; when I receive Paypal funds I transfer them to my bank account immediately.  Still probably not 100% foolproof but I feel a little bit better that way.

Richard

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
Always thought about having a source down south for rust free body parts to bring back north. There used to be folks that did that somewhere up here..but moving parts can be hard some times. I know.. have that mint 1998 cab and can't generate any interest.

Considering that the bodies go first on the vehicles up here, is there a need for drive line parts down south?

Ed

merlin5577

• Global Moderator
  • Dually Driver
    • Great site for all trucks!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:46:27 AM »
Richard, do you also sell complete trucks? Or just parts?
-Robert.
My Trucks;
2003 Chevrolet Silverado K2500HD 4X4 6.6L w/Allison 1000
1997 GMC Suburban K1500 4X4 5.7L w/4L60-E
"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »
Hey Robert - just parts.  I try to buy trucks that are beyond saving, so that I don't feel bad about tearing them apart.  Wrecked, missing major components, or with major problems.  One thing is I don't buy flood trucks - I only have one and I bought it for the stepside bed and alloy wheels only; the majority of the remains will be scrapped.  This area is bad about flood trucks (including saltwater) at auctions and from individual sellers.

ED - I've tried to set up deals with a few different people, from PA and OH, to do body parts like that.  So far none of them have panned out.  I would absolutely make a package deal price for someone wanting to come down and load up a trailer.

The guy from OH said he sold good beds for $1000+ on a regular basis but since he never came back to buy some, he could have easily been full of it. :D

Down here we really don't have the rust problems so I've got a decent supply of parts.  Marketing a complete cab is probably difficult due to the amount of work swapping it out - most people don't want to tackle it.  But fenders, beds, and doors should be easier to move.  Also, I'm not against patch panels being cut out of certain cabs depending on the situation.  When I've got trucks that are just about completely stripped I could also sell a frame or frame sections.

Richard

KargoMaster

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
...The guy from OH ...

Just for clarity...  it was someone else in Ohio    :D
(I had to resist saying some other guy in Ohio, that may have caused even more confusion)

And it is a cool site....  I wish it had even more on it, but I know that there's only soooo much time.
brad

Tow Vehicle: 1995 C3500HD CrewCab TBI-454 | 4L80e | 37spl Dana80 | 8' Flatbed | (SAS candidate)
Toy Vehicle: 1979 CJ-7 5.0L | NP435 | NP203 | Dana300 | Dana60/14BFF

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:01:12 AM »

ED - I've tried to set up deals with a few different people, from PA and OH, to do body parts like that.  So far none of them have panned out.  I would absolutely make a package deal price for someone wanting to come down and load up a trailer.
Richard

Richard

What I had in mind was going down full (with something) and coming back full (no aliens!). You guys don't need snow or cold weather...so I'll need to keep thinking.

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
Correct!  It wasn't Brad, it was one of Those Other Guys in Ohio. :D

Anybody feeling froggy and want to make a trip down to SE TX with a big trailer, come on...bring cash!

By the way while we did have some seriously below freezing days about two weeks ago, it's been in the upper 70's last few days!  Vacation weather!

Richard

ltlvt

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
Yep i'm really likeing the 70's . It was in the low teens Christmas day with 4ft snow drifts in my driveway. I'm just waitin for it to do the same thing about the time i get used to the spring like weather. hell we had tornado warnings here last night.... 
Runs like a scalded dog

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
OK fellas, gotta re-neg on my offer to ship stuff which is too bad since I know most of you are not local to Houston TX - however, I have a new opportunity and really need to cut and run.  I'm blowing out what's left of my inventory and will be aggressively scrapping anything that looks even half-bad because I need my place cleaned out fast and I've got to roll.

If you're anywhere near Houston TX and need some parts for a GMT-400 (88-98 fullsize) truck then please send me a message.  But do it quickly...before everything is gone. :D Thanks!

Richard

3500HD addict

• Dually Driver
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
hay man any hd parts I need a 5 speed trans crossmember, did u ever find any frame reinforcement plates. I know they are very heavy!!!
Life is what happens while your busy makeing other plans.
1998 C3500HD getting a 5.9 Cummins in process

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM