www.3500HD.com
  • December 11, 2017, 08:03:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!
Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!
You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!
When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW etc
 We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com
WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION  & TRYING OUT A FEW DIFFERENT LOOKS - December 2017!!!!!!! Auto-Registration turned off temporarily - applicants just send an email to the noted email.

Author Topic: Banner pics  (Read 2450 times)

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Banner pics
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »

Once I collect a couple more member truck pictures..I'll use them at the top if you guys don't mind?
Nice looking bunch of trucks up on the banner now. :D

No room for Brad's?  Maybe some creative resizing would let you run a slightly higher quality version of the pics and cram a few more in, without making the whole top of the page just a bunch of pics.

Or, maybe the main page have some nice sized, good quality pics as an "opener" - but smaller versions on all the successive pages?  That way you could show them off nice at least once, but not have them clutter every page afterwards.

Not sure if the forum software gives you that flexibility, just throwing some idle suggestions out.  It's cool to see our trucks up there!

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: Banner pics
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »

Richard

Was waiting until I got a "few" more pics so I could use the "fader" feature, where I would have two groups of photos that alternate. One group fades out, the other fades in.

The news would be moved to the top and the fader strings of photos would be in the current news section.

The software doesn't give me a lot of other options and with the various qualities of the pictures submitted...the visual quality isn't consistent. In a way..as is..it's seems more like a real scrapbook with non professional pictures (to me anyway).

I'll replace one of the trucks on the top strip with Brad's...he mentioned that he had better pictures? I manually group the pictures together as one strip file, otherwise they wind up all over the page.

Thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:53:06 PM by ED-NY »

KargoMaster

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »

Ha, nice...  I'll get you some more eventually...  some mods are coming...   ;)

Glad you changed the plate of the K3500HD...

Mine looks sooooo long compared to the others...  (which it IS, but still, wow)

brad

Tow Vehicle: 1995 C3500HD CrewCab TBI-454 | 4L80e | 37spl Dana80 | 8' Flatbed | (SAS candidate)
Toy Vehicle: 1979 CJ-7 5.0L | NP435 | NP203 | Dana300 | Dana60/14BFF

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »

Ha, nice...  I'll get you some more eventually...  some mods are coming...   ;)

Glad you changed the plate of the K3500HD...

Mine looks sooooo long compared to the others...  (which it IS, but still, wow)

That's the same picture (with altered plate number) I used on the forum business cards, pretty nice cards for $9 plus shipping...you should PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you some.

Took my blue 3500HD pic off since I just sold the cab from it recently.

Ed