THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: 97 hd crewcab for sale  (Read 3815 times)

97 HD 4dr

• Single Axle Driver
97 hd crewcab for sale
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »
Hello guys, I am looking to sell my 97 hd crewcab with a 12 foot flatbed dump.The truck has a 454 automatic odometer reads about 104k. The body is very solid,a little surface rust bubbling under the paint on the bottoms of the front doors. It has a grey cloth interior that is in fair condition. The truck needs a littlle tlc. The previous owner busted the shifter off, dont ask me how he did that,but I drove it all summer without it. It does need fuel injectors,they bleed down and the truck runs rich. I replaced the oxygen sensors,fuel pressure regulator,dist cap,rotor,plugs,battery ect.The fuel gauge doesnt work because the previous owner replaced the fuel pump and the entire float is missing... The tires are in good shape,I have two brand new bridgestone steer tires that go with it.The truck does have a rebuilt title. When I bought  the truck I recieved a clear title. When I got it transfered into my name it was branded salvage/rebuilt. The title was mis printed, the vin number was wrong,indicating that it was a 1997 saturn with a odometer discrepency. I got the vin straightened out with the DMV,but they said they could not remove the salvage/rebuilt brand because they dont keep records of that for more than a couple years. I really do like this truck but its just not practical for me.I got it to haul my race car and the car is now gone.  I almost forgot that the windsheild does leak, the sealant is gone along the top(the truck came from the deep south, so I assumed it might have melted) There are pictures in the gallery of this truck under 97 HD 4DR. I would like to get about 2800 for the truck,but that is negotiable. My name is Matt, you can call me at 330 647 8325, leave a message and I will call back or through this forum.The truck is in northeast ohio, about an hour south of Cleveland. Thanks for looking.

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
Re: 97 hd crewcab for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
The automatic shifters in the 1995-up models usually get broken when the BTSI (brake-to-shift interlock) system fails - either due to faulty brake switch or BTSI solenoid.  People reef on the shifter trying to get it out of park and break the cast aluminum assembly bolted to the column.  The bummer about that is it's easy to get around the issue; shift from park to neutral with the key in the unlock but not "on" position, then start the truck and shift to gear - or disconnect the BTSI solenoid from the shift linkage.

Anyway, that's the usual scenario.

Sounds like a decent deal, good luck with the sale.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

97 HD 4dr

• Single Axle Driver
Re: 97 hd crewcab for sale
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
Truck is sold...

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
EAST COAST GEAR SUPPLY
3500HD King Pin Replacement
4BT and Diesel Swaps
King Pin Tech Tip pdf
JEEP ENGINE GUIDE pdf MOPAR
KING PIN THREAD
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
TBI CHIPS.COM
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM