THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Welcome crew cab HD, please post what you have  (Read 8235 times)

Rayjon237

• Dually Driver
Welcome crew cab HD, please post what you have
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
We are trying to compile info on crew can HD's

Please post your crew cab and anything different you have found about the HD crew cabs.

So far, 

All were conversions
Frames and reinforcements were stretched
Cabs were fabricated and mig welded together
      Stock crew cab carpet kits don't fit without modification
Crease in the top of the door doesn't continue into rear cab panel

There is some confusion on who did the conversions,  if anyone has all the original paperwork showing who did the conversion.  Body and frame?

3 piece driveshaft, 2 carrier bearings

Engine wIring harness is color coded for a p30 box van.

All seem to have 2 leaf front spring packs,  and empty are overloaded. Upgrade to the 3 leaf packs new ones are 240$ each plus shipping.

Please add to this and I will update the list..

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
Re: Welcome crew cab HD, please post what you have
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
Mine has dual altenors  & duel tanks  Also don't think  gm ever offered them as a factory option  also the floor boards are  not the same do to the Large frame  Not very many  crew cab 4x4 Ive only seen 1 my self :)

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:29:40 AM »

I have a 93 K3500 Crew Cab....  No upper door crease (body line) between the rear door and the bed.  As far as i know all crew cabs are this way.  Not just the HD's

The two 1998 HD crew cabs i have here were both streched from 135" to 172.5'' wheel base

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
Mine is a 98  as well   what ft springs dose yours have 2 r 3 leaf  any pics of your truck ?

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »
my trucks has 2 leafs...  i think im going to add another and maybe even a block.  anyone ever lift the front of there HD??  i think mine would sit much nicer with 2'' or 3'' more up front

heres a picture in its current state 6.5 and 4l80e removed.  bed is fitted up... lines up perfect with bottom body line.. a little low on the top one. just some minor adjusting.  my cab to bed spacing is perfect.

need some dually flares fitted up, but im going to focus on the new drive line installation.

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
That cab and bed combination really look nice!

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:55:09 PM »
That cab and bed combination really look nice!

thanks..  the stance inst bad with no engine but im looking at about 1600lbs of engine and trans to go in yet.  so i think ill be sitting a little low.  i havent been able to work on it much lately, but i plan on making some progress real soon. 

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 09:21:08 PM »
Looks  nice i think i am going to put new ft springs the 3 pack  and 8 pack in rear  what color are you going to paint it ?

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
im not real picky when in comes to paint work. i think if i can find someone around her willing to paint it at a reasonable price ill just let them decide.  however it would look good in a dark charcoal. 

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »
That would look nice that color

Rayjon237

• Dually Driver
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Kodiak and I were talking,  the 2 leaf packs seem to be overloaded even stock, mine weighs 4600lbs on the front empty,    the new 3 leaf packs are about 250$ plus shipping and good for 2400lbs per side..  the 2 leaf packs are only good for 1600lbs per side..   I will find the link for the springs I posted before. 

the reason I noticed this was I parked next to a regular cab 3500hd and it sat about 4" higher in the front..  my springs were flat.   

try new 3 leaf springs,  they were cheeper to order than to have my local spring shop rearch and add a leaf...   

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »
  I am going to go with the new ft 3 leaf springs if you could please post the link again that would be very helpful  :)

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
I think im gonna pull a set of springs from a truck at the local junkyard. its a 95 3500hd  its been stripped down already and theres not much left.

anyhow ill add aleaf on each side then cut the other one down to pretty much use as a spacer.  so technically ill have 4 leafs on each side even tho the bottom one will be short and not do much other than raise up my truck some.

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 09:12:30 PM »
That would get you some lift  I wonder how it would ride also you think the shocks will work ?

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 12:21:59 AM »
Not sure if the shock attach the way i think they do it should work just fine but i honestly dont remember.  ill check into it over the weekend here

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM