THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Welcome crew cab HD, please post what you have  (Read 8364 times)

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
Re: Welcome crew cab HD, please post what you have
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
I think they might dont know how long your shocks are ? all you would need would be new longer shocks like they use on the lifted 4x4 trucks   do you think the RIDE will be a lot Rougher ?

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
i would only be adding 1 ply in a way.  the bottom ply would only be about 8'' long or so.  and yes a shock thats 1'' longer would be nice.  also the detroit and roadranger would weigh in at 1800lb or so.

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »
That would work & lift your HD as well  how much lift you think it would give you ?

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
RAYJON237  Posted links  on here where you can buy new springs   :)

Rayjon237

• Dually Driver
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
my trucks has 2 leafs...  i think im going to add another and maybe even a block.  anyone ever lift the front of there HD??  i think mine would sit much nicer with 2'' or 3'' more up front

heres a picture in its current state 6.5 and 4l80e removed.  bed is fitted up... lines up perfect with bottom body line.. a little low on the top one. just some minor adjusting.  my cab to bed spacing is perfect.

need some dually flares fitted up, but im going to focus on the new drive line installation.

your front springs are really flat mine has more room between the tire and fender than that and mine are wasted..  bumpstops work though.... 

the idea of cutting up another set of springs  might work,  but once the springs you have take a set or go flat the only way to fix it is with another set of springs.   I have had stuff re-ached in the past and it never seems to last more than a couple of years and it sags again.    the idea of taking another set of hd springs is good as long as alll the spring you are putting to gether still have a arch to them.   the links I posted have the specs on the leaf springs.  they show how much they arch.  3 5/8 inches from the spring eye to the middle where the axle mounts.   

if you have a crew cab I am willing to bet it is 0 or negative.   so by just putting new springs in the front it will lift 4 inches..   new ones were 550 shippied to my door,  which isn't bad..  I hope it helps the ride in the front ...   

KingNothing

• One Ton Driver
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »
I'll take a look at them before i get too involved.  I plan on going with some used springs cause im building on a pretty tight budget.  I'd prefer to get the hard stuff all done with and i can always swap out for some new springs in the future.  I haven't even looked at the thing in two weeks.  hopefully that will change this weekend.

KODIAK

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
HOW many leaves  dose your HD have in the rear main rack & the helper rack

bigmurf

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »
To lift the front of mine, i used both the top and bottom overload from a 99 K3500 with the 14 bolt axle. From the spring perch up it starts with the nearly 1 inch thick overload and axle wrap spring from the bottom of the k3500, then top tapered overload from the k3500, then the 2 factory C3500HD front springs on top. It holds up my Crew cab, Dt466, and 10 speed fuller on top of the 4 inch tube dana 70HD quite nicely. I havent got it done to drive it yet, but im a little concerned it may ride a bit rough with the anti wrap spring on the bottom. it is enough clearance to run 45 inch 14.50r20 michelins.
1996 freightliner fl70 pickup
1968 chevy c-50
1996 GMC 3500HD swapping in IH dt466, 10 speed fuller, custom Dana 70HD front axle

j20m715

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »
Has anyone replaced the cobbled together crew cab with a factory crew cab (body swap) ?
I have a crew cab hd that I'm converting to 4 wheel drive & plan to replace my hacked together cab with a factory crew cab cab.
My cab, I feel needs too much body work, and I'm wondering if the cab will be a direct bolt on ?
Project: 3500HD, 4x4, Crewcab, Cummins

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM