THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: Hello All- new to forum. Just purchased 1999 CK 3500 Ambulance  (Read 2219 times)

Numbers

• Single Axle Driver
Just purchased a CK 3500 ambulance to use as mobile office (really to pull my boat but if IRS ask it is a mobile office :-)

1999, 6.5L Turbo, 4X4

Looking for info on getting a trailer hitch on this rig.  Of course the ambulance back is not set up to tow, which is what I am looking to use it for.

Anyone done that before?  Thanks!

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: Hello All- new to forum. Just purchased 1999 CK 3500 Ambulance
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum...have any pictures of the truck?  Would be interested in seeing the rear bumper area to maybe help determine if a standard hitch would work.

Ed

Numbers

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »
Unfortunately I do not.  Took it straight to shop to have them fabricate a hitch.  I am CPA for a large number of automotive and machine shops and one does a LOT of maintenance on local fire/rescue/ambulance fleets.  So I took it to him.  It is there now.

It will have to be fabricated and all the stickers taken off.  It needs a few little things, Freon charged, extra keys made, change out flashing red lights to static white lights, back up camera, stuff like that.

But local EMS is talking like they may want the box.  If so I will sell it, weld back on cab and put dump bed on it.  It was $8K with 60K miles so I figure I don't have much in it and have options. 

But I would like to speak to someone who has done this, or knows enough about these rigs to know where the snakes in the grass are.  I am pulling a 10K lb 33' cigarette style boat with twin 502 MPI big blocks, so its a load to pack around.

tinystoy

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »
I fabed one up on my 93 GMC using .5 plate and a receiver tube it took a Saturday to do but no big deal if you have the equipment but I'm a welder buy trade.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM