www.3500HD.com
  • December 11, 2017, 08:05:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!
Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!
You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!
When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW etc
 We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com
WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION  & TRYING OUT A FEW DIFFERENT LOOKS - December 2017!!!!!!! Auto-Registration turned off temporarily - applicants just send an email to the noted email.

Author Topic: Edelbrock 3562 Big Block EFI setup craigslist $500  (Read 2238 times)

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Edelbrock 3562 Big Block EFI setup craigslist $500
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »

Found this (new) BBC EFI kit locally, it's a Edelbrock 3562 EFI conversion kit. Includes intake, fuel rail, 19lb injectors and wiring. They sell for $1100 plus.

I was thinking about it for my extra 454 motor...but it's really setup for someone with a running 454 with TBI...it would convert from TBI injection to -8- port injectors. I suspect you would use the stock 50mm 454 throttle body for air flow, install a larger fuel pump and use your O2, MAP sensor, your ECM etc  It's a speed density setup.

http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4390657518.html

3500HD addict

• Dually Driver
Re: Edelbrock 3562 Big Block EFI setup craigslist $500
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

Sounds like a good deal. I ran this setup on a 93 1500 I used to have. They work very well and more efficient than the throttle body injection does. Then along came a vortech supercharger and it really came to life... Oh btw this was my second hot rod truck I had. Sure miss it..
Life is what happens while your busy makeing other plans.
1998 C3500HD getting a 5.9 Cummins in process

3500HD addict

• Dually Driver
Re: Edelbrock 3562 Big Block EFI setup craigslist $500
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

Sorry I got off track there Ed, if I remember right the one I had came with a piggyback ECM, a block off plate for the top of the factory throttle body. (To eliminate the two injectors) seems like it had some braided fuel lines. The only problems I had was some fine tuning, but edelbrock was very kind in sending me reflashed prom chips at no charge. I think I had one of the first runs of these setups they built.

Then along came the supercharger.. Gave them a call and two days later I had 3 more prom chips to pick from. (They knew me by name lol) and at no charge again. After running the truck for four years I had no problems with it other than having to replace the 5spd. The gas back then (93), Amoco ultimate 92 octane was the best around here. I could go around 475 miles on 26 gallons, and this was a 5.7 engine.  Not likely with today's crap we have.

I really liked blowing the doors off all the mustang guys and leaving them scratching their heads. (No pun intended) a couple 454SS guys, they got it too. Got married had to sell it.. So the story ends......
Life is what happens while your busy makeing other plans.
1998 C3500HD getting a 5.9 Cummins in process