THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: 91 booster and master cylinder  (Read 2010 times)

sure seal

• Single Axle Driver
91 booster and master cylinder
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
I am trying to replace the hyd.  booster and master cylinder on my 1991 HD.   The booster I removed has been modified by someone extending the rod going to the brake pedal, and the rod between the booster and the master cylinder ground down.  The after market booster part that crosses to Gm # 14022299 has the rear rod that is too short.  I think in the past someone bought this same part and did their mod. on it.  I found the rod between the booster and MC  GM # 377397.   Anyone have any help for me on this?

Thanks

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
Re: 91 booster and master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »
I have a couple of 3500HD booster brake units in the barn if maybe measuring can help?

sure seal

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 07:36:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I got it fixed today.  We used a booster that is for  92 to 93 and a slight mod to make it work.  The part that is for 91 only would not work at all.  The rod was just too short.  I have found a few things on this truck that are 91 only, and you really have a hard time finding parts.  The previous owner used the 91 only booster and lengthened the rod.  I bought this truck in 2005 and the brake pedal always went down to far before the brakes engaged and the pedal felt mushy.  It always bothered me but the brakes stopped the truck no problem.  Now the brake pedal is up and it feels firm.  I also own a 97 and a 95.  I use them in my asphalt maintenance business.

sure seal

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 07:20:07 PM »
I am still having trouble with these brakes,  much the same as the 91 wrecker on this page.  Every  master cylinder is blowing out.  Any help?

comotionman

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 02:15:50 PM »
Did you ever figure out what's up with leaky master cyls?  I bought a 93 truck that has a leak on the front brakes between the reservoir and master cyl body.  I bought some seals and also a new master in case I need it.  My brakes work perfect other than the leak.  I plan to remove the resorvoir and replace the seals, hopefully I was sold the correct seals and they will do the job.  This is the first time I have seen this type of leak.

ED-NY

• Administrator
  • 3500HD Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
Not sure is this relates to your leak:

http://3500hd.com/index.php?topic=1143.msg5613#msg5613

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB

DIESEL PLACE

VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM